DSA changes open for comment

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Wed May 31 20:34:24 UTC 2000

=> 5/31/00 4:11:18 PM EDT, arning at charm.net =>
<< It was not my impresssion that any of the regularly available VMs
currently have the LargeIntegers plugin internally, although that is
certainly a possibility with the new plugin architecture.  >>

Bob,

What is a 'regularly available VM'?

The latest have been posted to
    ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.7/files/SqueakExe.zip
for Windows and
    ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.8/Squeak_VM_2.8-NOT.sea.bin
(though I haven't personally tested this one -- the VM~2.8).

These have the LargeIntegers code in them, without a plugin.

Bruce has been doing an incredible job keeping the archive up to date. Dan
added the Mac version to 2.8 folder.

Cheers,
Jerry

Jerry L. Archibald