[BUG][FIX?] FileDirectory

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed May 10 19:14:00 UTC 2000

On Wed, 10 May 2000, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:

> At 19:58 08.05.00 -0400, Doug Way wrote:
>
> >I agree.  I'd go a bit further and say that the FileDirectory stuff is a mess,
> >it's probably my least favorite class in all of Squeak.
>
> I second that.  I even dare to say that Java's java.io.File class provides
> a much more useful and also platform independent abstaction of files,
> pathes and directories.

While there are a *lot* of issues here, I do want to point toward the URL
classes as a possible locus of improvement. Indeed, it might be intresting
to have urls, perhaps angle bracket delimited, as a literal form.

It also might be fun to be able to treat Directories as "external
collections" or some like thing.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.