Squeak - a short overview (Bookmorph)

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon May 8 22:00:54 UTC 2000

At 23:50 08.05.00 +0200, Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:
>Life is different if you use M$ products ;)

Well, to add a view points to my previous email.  Getright did a correct
download of the .gz file.  I don't think that IE5 will automatically
uncompress .gz files.  You can check it by comparing the file size.  The
compressed file is ~575k, the uncompressed ~1398k.

WinZip can open my .gz file and extract the .morph file.  Which then can
successfully opened in Squeak.  So at least in my case, I'd guess that it's
a problem with Squeak's .gz deflater.

So sometimes, life is different, but also easier with MS products :-)

bye