[ENH] MorphicDependents, MasterSlaveMorph

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Mon May 15 05:25:49 UTC 2000

Dear Squeakers,

following changesets introduce a dependents mechanism and a morph which
uses it for Morphic.
Please try them out, but with care!

Greetings,

Stephan

"Change Set:		MorphicDependents
Date:			15 May 2000
Author:			Stephan Rudlof
Version:			0.1

Introduces a dependency mechanism for Morphs.
Main goal was to have an update mechanism for dependent morphs of a
moved one, mainly by dragging it with the hand.

Preconditions:
- 2.7,
- Morphic,
- backup: many Morphs are recompiled!

Possible drawback:
Performance has to be checked! I don't think there is a significant
penalty, though.

Note:
Only BorderedMorphs are subclasses of MorphWithDependents, which has an
inst var for dependents; so for other morphs clean up of dependents
(breakDependents) has to be made manually.

Enhancements:
Currently only Morph>>position:, >>color: and >>delete: send update
messages. Other messages could be changed similarly.
"

"Change Set:		MasterSlaveMorph