Celeste design (was Re: [ENH] Celeste attachments/displaying a thingie)

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue May 2 20:17:35 UTC 2000

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De> wrote:
> > But then, does it matter that much?  Most Unix stations have POP
> > available as well.
>
> I prefer leaving the mail on the server. I guess what I really want is
> IMAP, but if I say this, someone will point at me and sing that darned
> Nike slogan ...

Ah.  Well if you switch to IMAP, you invalidate quite a bit of Celeste
proper.  Most of Celeste's code involves its mail database.

You *can* scavenge several utilities, such as MailMessage and
SMTPSocket.  But the user interface, not to mention the IMAP protocol
itself, are going to have to be implemented anew.

-Lex