Freshmeat for Squeak

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat May 6 20:27:34 UTC 2000

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2000, Karl Ramberg wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this is an appropriate way of doing stuff but just to
> > test stuff I added my own enhancement to the All Projects page. I
> > posted this enhancement yesterday with the [ENH] in the subject line
> > and it was stored on the swiki.gsug.org:8080/SQFIXES/ automaticly. The
> > filter on that swiki stores postings with the same subject line in a
> > collection so one can see several versions of the same enhancement.
>
> Exactly. It's only a mail archive, after all.

> > This is a poor mans Freshmeat and I don't know what Bert Freudenberg
> > thinks of it. It also means all additions to the archive will be on
> > the mailing list.
> >
> > What do you guys think ?
> > Bert ?
>
> Well, the sqfixes archive is more like a fallback position so hopefully
> nothing important gets lost. I would not encourage using it as a long-term
> code repository. It's better to upload as attachment to the squeak wiki.
>
> Note that you should refer to the archive as http://swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes
> (without the 8080 port definition) because the port is likely to change in
> the future. The browser is automatically redirected. Also, message id's
> aren't really fixed, so it is better to say "see my message from
> <date> with subject <subject> at sqfixes"

Thanks for the answer. I agree that the squeak swiki or some other dedicated
server
would be a better alternative. But before everything is organized I think
it's good
to point to the code we know exists so the Squeak universe becomes more
accessible. So I have one question.
Are the filenames of the pages fixes so one can refer to them directly like

http://swiki.gsug.org/SQFIXES/684.html

Karl