FW: Time to make a Freshmeat kind of Squeak site ?

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Tue May 2 21:06:56 UTC 2000

> I agree.  We actually have two contenders already for the site:
>
> 	1. The Smalltalk archive at UIUC.
>
> 	2. The Swiki
>

> At this point, we are still lacking a critical mass of projects posted.
> There aren't enough projects posted, that someone is likely to go
> searching through either of the above sites for interesting Squeak code.

It sounds like it needs to be a controlled site, where a group of editors
maintain the site.  That way the editors could keep some type of coherent
organization to the content.  People could continue to add to the Squeak
Swiki and then lobby the editors to include it on the controlled site.

Of course, then you have to decide on who gets to be an editor.  Maybe it
could be a nomination and election process.

There are two features we are about to add to Swiki.net that might help.
The first is the ability to create a public read-only Swiki with a set of
users authorized to make edits.  And, the second is the ability to mount the
Swiki on any domain (simply point the DNS record to our server).  I'd be
happy to assist anyone who would like to set it up (but I probably won't
have much time to devote to actual content).

- Stephen