stupid newbie questions../beginner's workspace

Ivan Tomek ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca
Fri May 5 15:23:40 UTC 2000

<Lex Spoon wrote>

> This is fantastic, Ivan.  Maybe we can put something like this into
> one of the welcome windows?  We could mark it "for those who really
> want to learn to program with this system" or somesuch.

Thanks for your kind words. There are, of course, a number of other
tutorials on the Web.

If anybody wants to use my text and edit it or extend it in any way,
and use it in a Smalltalk environment, please feel free to do it. I have
received several very valuable suggestions and will continue working
on both the content and the presentation at my slow pace and make
the next version available, but I don't want to make any promises as to
time.

Any further suggestions will be welcome.

Ivan

Ivan Tomek,
Jodrey School of Computer Science
Acadia University
Nova Scotia, Canada

fax: (902) 585-1067
voice: (902) 585-1467
e-mail: ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca

Math anxiety: An intense lifelong fear of two trains approaching each
other at speeds of 60 and 80 MPH. -Rick Bayan