[ENH][Inc] BrowserWithDragAndDrop

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat May 6 14:16:00 UTC 2000

On Sat, 06 May 2000 14:22:40 +0200 Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:
>I think it would be good to have this information in the subject line,
>so everyone can fastly see, if there are new - incremental -
>improvements of already posted changesets, and that it is *not*
>sufficient just to download this incremental one.
>
>Any opinions? (I'm not dogmatic regarding this point ;-) )

Stephan,

There may be some possible confusion with incremental changes to things that are not yet in the image. This puts the burden on the potential user to know which of the previously posted versions this is incremental to. I would prefer seeing code that depends only on the current image - each additional prerequisite increases the chance of failure (or of the user simply ignoring your updates). If the complete code is too big to keep sending out to the list, put it on a server somewhere and send the url.

Cheers,
Bob