IEEE 64 Bit and Float>>asIEEE32BitWord

Eric Arseneau eat at huv.com
Sun May 28 22:58:54 UTC 2000

I see that the 2.6 version of Squeak has an operation asIEEE32BitWord that
does the obvious.  Does any later version have a 64 bit version, or anyone
have access to code or specs I could use to do the conversion.  mathlib for
Palm OS uses 64 bit IEEE encodings (doubles I believe is what they are
formally called at this size, and not Floats).  I do not really care if I
lose precision for now, I just need something to do the conversion.

As for the latest load, I just haven't taken the time to get the latest
Squeak, as I am waiting for the next official release, which I see is coming
out soon.  Any help would be appreciated.