[BUG] Squeak2.8a segmentation fault while enlarging Squeak application window

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Tue May 2 02:11:06 UTC 2000

As I started to say in my earlier posting of this message:

Running Squeak2.8a with the latest updates on Linux produces

Segmentation fault

1083739452 DisplayScreen>forceToScreen:
1083740932 [] in PasteUpMorph>displayWorld
1083739220 SequenceableCollection>do:
1083734352 PasteUpMorph>displayWorld
1083733892 [] in PasteUpMorph>displayWorldSafely
1083734168 BlockContext>on:do:
1083733800 BlockContext>ifError:
1083733708 PasteUpMorph>displayWorldSafely
1083733432 PasteUpMorph>doOneCycleNow
1082962572 PasteUpMorph>doOneCycle
1082191892 [] in Project>spawnNewProcess
1082191984 [] in BlockContext>newProcess

when I open a Supplies flap and slowly drag the lower right corner of the Squeak application window to enlarge the window.

I had just sent the message and was doing more testing, opening the Tools flap and dragging to enlarge the window. That time I got no segmentation fault. Instead it hung my Linux box completely. And not just X Windows--it wouldn't even respond to pings any more.

My posting was not completely sent before the machine hung, so the posting was truncated.

-Mark Schwenk
 WellThot Inc.