Windows CE and minimal image

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Mon May 22 22:32:16 UTC 2000

"Lars Nilsson" <lars at cymfony.com> wrote...
>To clarify, I can add any method I want under Windows CE as well without
>problem. The corruption of the code display only happens after I
>subsequently decide that I need extend the set of instance variables in the
>class definition. If I don't add any variables (if I know beforehand what I
>need, for instance) the code continues to appear to correctly. The method
>name itself remains correct in either case.
>	TestClass>>test: aNumber and: anotherNumber
>turns into
>	TestClass>>test: ffkujkj and: djfhwoiu
>with the body of the method basically unreadable. I've just been typing
>random characters in my examples, but it's pretty much what it looks like on
>the WinCE machine.

Ahah.  This is a key clarification.

It would appear to be an interaction between recompilation invoked by the ClassBuilder and the storage of compressed temp names in methods when there is no source file.  Should be simple to fix.

Thanks for the alert.  I plan to issue a bunch of updates in the next day, and I'll try to  include a fix.

	- Dan