TestInterpreterPlugin / Socket problem (was: RE: ooops, Squeak crashes Re: [Win32] VM Update for 2.7/2.8)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Wed May 24 20:57:30 UTC 2000

> When I use the new files and start my PWS Swiki it crashes
> when initializing the network connection.

Thanks for letting me know. The pluginization process split up the old (dual
use) primitive for #listenOn: and #listenOn:backlogSize:. I'm about to send
out a change set that fixes this.

Two questions arise:

- (for Tim) Do you know of any other places where an indexed primitive with
multiple use was split into two (or more) named primitives, besides the MIDI
parameterGetOrSet and Socket listenOn stuff?!

- (for Andrew and/or Tim or anyone knowledgable) Shouldn't the
TestInterpreterPlugin primitives [man we *really* need a better name for
this] automatically check for the number of arguments and fail if the
argument count is wrong?!

  - Andreas