SDI-Squeak database interface

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Sun May 21 17:39:13 UTC 2000

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:

[snipped, with blushing]
> >I seem to recall someone starting on an ODBC driver, and that might be on
> >the Swiki somewhere (I can't get through at the moment).
>
> Really?

Well, maybe not. It could be a hallucination.

But here are some clue to another other db effort:
	http://www.egroups.com/message/squeak/12240?&start=10426

And, as an aside, it's facinating to look at the "Message archive by
month" page:
	http://www.egroups.com/list/squeak/

We started 1999 with 571 in Jan, broke 1000 in Nov, and ended just shy at
905 in Dec.

The new 2 digit prefix ("20") has never seen us below 1000 messages a
month (except for May, and it's not over, and it's already at 942!)

Wow.

We're really quite close to doubling the traffic of last
year. Traditionally being one of the anti-list-splitting camp, I do have
to confess that I see the time approaching when it will make sense :)

(That or a parallel newsgroup, or something.)

Not to start this discussion now! Really. It was just interesting!

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.