[ENH] String repeat

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at baltic-online.de
Mon May 29 11:33:58 UTC 2000

"Andrew P. Black" wrote:

I also would prefer

>         'aa' * 4 => 'aaaaaaaa'

over

>         '25' * 4 => 100

As I don't like the fact that arithmetic operations were defined
for Strings.  Perhaps somebody who knows more about that part of
the system can step in and explain why having these operations
is an advantage.  I can only find disadvantages.

Once, + for SequenceableCollection would be free again, I could
imagine it as an alternative to #, which is too easy to overlook.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust             Projektleiter/Softwareentwicklung
Baltic Online Computer GmbH,    Alter Markt 1-2,        24103 Kiel