Comanche/Swiki

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Tue May 2 17:06:48 UTC 2000

--On Tuesday, May 02, 2000, 12:52 PM -0400 "John Duncan" <jddst19+ at pitt.edu>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm vainly searching through the image for that little "aha!" that lets me
> understand Comanche and Swiki 9.  Bolot, others, perhaps you could give me
> few pointers on where to start exploring these seemingly powerful tools?
> I've installed them, and I've played with the default Swiki, but I need to
> get well beyond that stage to coming up with novel applications using
> Comanche and the swiki stuff already written.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I have a little simple Comanche app which I wrote for the purpose of
testing a friends theories about using HTTP/XML without a RPC layer.

        http://www.unc.edu/~bparsia/DWChat.8.cs

I plan to enhance/comment it for the sake of the Squeak book's networking
chapter.

A simple modification would be to make it use HTML rather than XML.

If you want to start with a Swiki, I suggest peeking at the actions folder
for starters. And the templates.

Did you have a particular project in mind?

(Note it took me about two days to figure out comanche with no docs for the
DWChat. This included figuring out what we wanted to do :))

Cheers,
Bijan.