Questions about submitting bugs and fixes for Squeak

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Wed May 10 17:23:09 UTC 2000

At 10:32 10.05.00 -0500, you wrote:

>1. When submitting bugs and fixes is it best to include the file out of the
>code as an attachment or in the text of the message?

Please compile change sets and attach them.  That omits the need to grab it
from the body of the mail and check and reformat it.  Please use [BUG] for
a bug report, [FIX] in the subject to denote a bug fix, and [ENH] for small
(or larger) improvements.

>2. How do people provide the test cases for the bugs and fixes? I use
>SUnit. Does that work for Squeak Central? If so what is the best way to

Currently, there're no test cases.  We simply use the whole image as a test
case and hope that all I-don't-know-how-many-users-squeak-has users try out
the code.  And we also trust in our skill :-)  That worked quite well in
the past but there's probaly a lot of room for improvements.

>avoid name clashes with the names of the test classes? Perhaps add the
>authors initials to the class name?

Hm, I don't like that approach but can't suggest something better
here.  The new - still not completely working - name space and isolated
project stuff might be an alternative.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf