More TextAttribute

Luciano Notarfrancesco lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 23:27:56 UTC 2000

--- Gerardo Richarte <core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>     Here we go once again a year latter! (-:
>     Here is a changeSet that implements a new
> TextAttribute (those
> accessible with
> Cmd-6).
>     TextGrabIt gives text the ability to evaluate
> Smalltalk expressions
> and attach the
> resulting Morph(*) to World's first hand(**).
>
>     (*) it actually attaches the result of sending
> #asMorph to the
> result, this integrates it
>     nicely with some non-morphic objects (all
> objects if you have
> MorphicWrappers)

Richie, you use all oportunities to promote MWs!
That's great!

You could implement Object|asMorph as

asMorph
	^ StringMorph new contents: self printString.

And, of course, the next step is MWs!

>     (**) I actually started using 'World
> activeHand', but somewhere in
> time activeHand
>     behavior changed to return nil almost every
> time, so I changed to
> 'World hands first'

I think you should use 'aMorph primaryHand' instead of
'World hands first'.

Peace,
Luciano.-

--
Member of the Association for the Protection of the
Artificial Life