Proposal3: Make $_ a valid identifier character

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Tue May 30 22:45:31 UTC 2000

	From: Bert Freudenberg <bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De>
	So provided that we want explicit word separators, I would suggest using a
	hyphen instead of the dash/minus sign, which is typographically correct,
	esthetically nice and also resolves the parser problem. Fortunately,
	Squeak's MacRoman character set already has that glyph:
	(Character value: 16rD0).
	For input, a minus inserted after a letter would produce a hyphen,
	while after any other letter it would become a minus.

If Squeak were all alone in the world, that would be just about *perfect*.
But it isn't.  There are other Smalltalks, and a Smalltalk standard.
I don't really like _any_ barriers to swiping useful code that happened to
have been written for other Smalltalks.  Do you?