PunchedCard v2

ssadams at us.ibm.com ssadams at us.ibm.com
Tue May 9 16:24:11 UTC 2000

This is really cool, but ya know, I was typing a card and made a mistake.
So, of course, I hit the handy-dandy backspace key.
You guessed it.

Reminds me of one reason why the new Hazeltine 1410 terminals were such a
big hit in the computer lab in school.

(And the first Yorkshireman says, "you had Hazeltine terminals!, you were
lucky.... why when I was in school, we punch our cards with a shoemaker's
awl." And the second Yorkshireman replied, "Cards! You had cards?  We had
to make our own paper tape out of old copies of The Times cut into strips
and glued together with wheat paste.  It worked OK but the grease from the
fish and chips kept gumming up the gears."  And the third Yorkshireman
said, "Paper! Huh! You were lucky...")

BTW, where's the cut corner?

Regards,
Sam

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>