[Question]FatBitEdit accept

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun May 14 16:48:13 UTC 2000

On Sun, 14 May 2000 17:48:30 +0200 Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>I tryed to edit a 16 bit depth form ( the color palette) to try to make the  -
>translucent - line on the top
>of it easier to understand. I explored it, selected it, wrote self bitEdit, and then
>when I
>inspect it it has a depth of 32.

Hi Karl,

I see. The 32-bit depth in FatBitsPaint was a change I made since some operations were not working at lower depths. I think you can safely remove the depth test in #accept (included below) and things will work as you expect. I was able to complete your test and see the changes in the ColorPicker.

Cheers,
Bob

===== code follows =====
'From Squeak2.8alpha of 13 January 2000 [latest update: #2096] on 14 May 2000 at 12:42:20 pm'!

!FatBitsPaint methodsFor: 'menu' stamp: 'RAA 5/14/2000 12:42'!
accept
	| f |
	f _ self unmagnifiedForm.
	f boundingBox = formToEdit boundingBox
		ifFalse: [^ self error: 'implementation error; form dimensions should match'].
	f displayOn: formToEdit.  "modify formToEdit in place"! !