[BUG] Problem with Diff Action in ComSwiki

Daniel daniel.a.joyce at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 16 20:53:30 UTC 2000

	Setting up a swiki here at work that might be used to document a JAVA
project, of all things... ;)

	Anyways, right now I'm hosting it on my NT box ( NT 4, SP 5 ) while the
people involved in the project play around with it and decide if it's
good or not...

	BUG:

	One page has about 27 revisions to it.

	When I click on the +/- to show the diffs, everything works fine, but
it gets progressively slower, becoming quite noticeable at rev #14, and
finally, causes the Squeak VM to go to 100% processor usage and turn
unresponsive at diff #25 ( rev 27 is the current page ). I have to shut
down the VM, and restart, since it doesn't come back to normal, even
after a few minutes.

	Viewing the old revisions works PERFECTLY for all revisions, only
trying to view the diffs causes the problems. I took a look at the diff
code in the swiki/refs/actions directory, but couldn't see anything
nasty, like a recursive call.

	I checked the Squeak Swiki, and found a page with 141 divisions.
Clicking on +/- for each of the revisions worked nearly instantly, with
no slowdon appearent for even the latest revs.

	Does it use a different version of the DIFF code? Or does it just have
more ram? I will test tomorrow with more ram allocated to the JVM to see
if that helps...

	Memory wise it seems okay, memory usage does not balloon, just CPU
usage.