Running Squeak on MacOSX? ******* :(

Bruce ONeel beoneel at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 9 12:48:43 UTC 2000

Hi,
  The following worked for me:

- Download from 	http://www.metaobject.com/downloads/Squeak/

- ungzip and untar and you get a folder on your MacOS desktop.

- Inside said folder there is another folder named somthing like:
Squeak-MacOSX-VM-2.9-2000...

- Inside that folder there are three files which seem important.

* README - has instructions
* Frameworks-*.tar.gz
* Squeak.app.tar.gz.

- In MacOS/X now I copied Frameworks-*.tar.gz to ~/Library and
ran gnutar xzvf Frameworks*.tar.gz  producing a folder
named Frameworks with a folder Squeak.Frameworks in it.

- I created a directory ~/Applications and copyied Squeak.app.tar.gz
there, ran gnutar xzvf Squeak.app.tar.gz.

- I copied BEO.Image and BEO.Changes to ~/Documents and also
copied SqueakV2.Sources to ±~/Documents.

- From the MacOS X Finder application I ran the Squeak application now
and when asked to I filled in BEO.Image in the preferences dialog.  It
basically worked.

cheers

bruce