Setting up problem

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Nov 1 19:49:33 UTC 2000

I just tried this, and it didn't work.  Has anyone gotten Squeak working
under esddsp?

I'm wondering what the latency is like.  I started to put ESD support in
Squeak once, but I couldn't see how to do buffer management.  When I
emailed one of the athors, my response was that I should just write as
much sound data as possible until the socket blocks.  Frankly, that
seems like too much!

But there's no arguing with practice.  Can anyone try it?  If you can
get it to work at all, can you say how long it takes betwene pressing an
X halo and hearing the bye-bye-morph sound?  For most interesting
results, please try making one sound, waiting a minute, and then making
some more sounds.  The first sound played will just start up Squeak's
sound subsystem....

-Lex