Jitter 3.1 available for PowerMac (MacOS and Linux)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Nov 11 02:05:22 UTC 2000

>Dear PMac Squeakers,
>
>You might like to take a look at:
>,,,
>
>Hope you like it, and manage to crash it in ways that are conducive to
>meaningful bug reports. ;-)
>
>Ian & Marcus

>6. Send the file saved in step 3 and the pogram written in step 5 to the
>    author (ian.piumarta at inria.fr).  Your reward will be a newer version of
>    the software that does not crash for the same reasons.

Shoot, and here I was hoping to earn some Euros. However it's nice to
see that the mac source code is the latest released version and
except for a wee change or two for MPW matches the version in my
build folder.

Ok now from the powerbook that gave Ian so much trouble at OOPSLA we
have for tinybenchmarks on a 2.9.x VM

50,354,051 bytecodes/sec; 1,559,586 sends/sec' which is about I
expect for 2.9.x

now for Jitter 3...

147,635,524 bytecodes/sec; 9,649,554 sends/sec
Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6