Bug or feature?

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Wed Nov 22 16:11:25 UTC 2000

Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
>
> > I'd like to save 'nil' against being a symbol...
>
> Me too. This was discussed in the past, but never changed. See
>         http://www.egroups.com/message/squeak/15575
> I vote (again) for SMA's proposal.
>
> -- Bert

I second this:
- his proposal goes into direction of ANSI compatibility, and
- I'm actually faced with this problem.

I've implemented #storeString for some object and it fails to create correct
objects from these
stored strings, if they contain Arrays with nil entries.

But in contrary to SMA I assume that changes have to be made in
Scanner>>scanLitVec and not in Scanner>>xLitQuote, cause Scanner>>scanLitVec
calls itself recursively.

VisualWorks® NonCommercial, Release 5i.1, printIt:

#(eins nil drei)
-> #(#eins nil #drei) ; Squeak makes #(#eins #nil #drei) here.

#(#eins #nil #drei)
-> #(#eins #nil #drei) ; Squeak makes the same.

Greetings,

Stephan
--
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)