4 questions and bugs

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Nov 11 12:38:14 UTC 2000

Hi!

Four questions regarding Squeak 2.9a-2915.  I'm on Windows 98 using the VM
2.8-4 from Nov 4 2000.

* At least with my German keyboard layout, I CANNOT input the following
characters:  ] } | \.  If I input [ or {, it automatically appends the
closing } or ].  All mentioned characters are entered using AltGr.  With an
older VM, I don't get this ERROR.  I guess, the VM wrongly interprets AltGr
as Alt + Ctrl.

* Using MVC (and with any VM), every third or so mouse click is
ignored.  This is really annoying.  I'm pretty sure it's not my mouse.  It
looks like this also happens with PWM-1 and -2 but not a true morphic
project like PWM-3.

* If I drag a morph, the hardware mouse cursor (the black one with the tiny
white border) is replaced with a software cursor, isn't it?  This doesn't
work.

Additional to the new software cursor, a hardware cursor looking like
  =====
    ^

is shown.  Actually, you can see this cursor also if you evaluate "Cursor
blank show".  If you however evaluate "Cursor blank display" you really see
the blank curor.  Is this a VM bug?  Something really strange happens
here.  Testing all available cursor shapes, I also don't get a "Cursor up
show".  This is the same as Cursor down.

* The ChangeSorter's popup menu shows shortcut keys but they don't work in
MVC - only in Morphic.  In morphic, just as a side note, if you open a
FillInTheBlank you can't use Alt+S and Alt+L any more to accept or cancel.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf