[ENH]MPEGPlayerMorph improved

ssadams at us.ibm.com ssadams at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 30 22:12:33 UTC 2000

Squeakers,
I recently did some cleanup and enhancements for the MPEGPlayerMorph.
--converted the code to use the new layout system.  This allows for a
resizable morph.
--Moved the class under StretchyImageMorph to quickly allow for stretchy
bitmap backgrounds
--Added a "Look" button that lets you interactively load a graphic file as
a background for the player
--Added a path memory for the last directory a media file or graphic look
is loaded from

I started with the updated 2.9a-2915 image and added:
MPEGPlayerMorph.10.cs
MPEGPlayerJMM.10.cs
MPEGPlayerMorphicFixJMM.1.cs
MPEGPlayerFixBadParmsJMM.2.cs

Then I made my changes.  I looked at Karl's version with the iconic buttons
today and noticed that MPEGPlayer2 was included and seemed quite different
than the MPEGPlayer class in the version I started with.  Am I behind the
curve here?

This changeset includes some mods to StandardFileMenu as well to support
file searches with multiple patterns... just a quick hack, but very useful.
BTW, I can play MP3 audio just fine in Windows but have yet to succeed with
MPEG2 Video.  Any thoughts?

(See attached file: MPEGPlayerSSA.2.cs)
Regards,
Sam

Sam S. Adams, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
tie line 444-0736, outside 919-254-0736, email: ssadams at us.ibm.com
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, I Corinthians 1:10>>