Scripting language syntaxes (was jpython anyone?)

Jamie Fenton jamiefaye at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 22 21:16:51 UTC 2000

One interesting language is E, developed by Mark S.
Miller. It runs on top of Java. It began as an
end-user language at Electric Communities and has
now morphed into a secure programming language. It
is very Scheme-like under the hood.

Because of this, it lost a bit of its ease-of-use.
It does illustrate some valuable concepts for
distributed programming and security though.

When MarkM first threw it together, he had a working
prototype in a weekend.

http://www.erights.org/

-- Jamie