jpython anyone?

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Mon Nov 27 13:35:18 UTC 2000

> From: Henrik Gedenryd [mailto:Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se]
> <snip!>
> For the last 40 years, AI news stories have begun like this:
> "Soon they will be here--computers that xxxx". "Don't hold
> your breath" is one of my favorite American expressions.

The term "artificial intelligence" seems to be used a lot to mean "anything
we don't know how to do yet".  Chess programs used to be "artificial
intelligence" - now they're just "game programs".  Language translation used
to be "AI" - now it's a website.  Expert systems used to be "AI" - now
they're pretty common.

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken