Slightly off-topic: Spacewar!

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Fri Nov 24 12:39:55 UTC 2000

Alan:

Thanks so much for the follow up...I'm always fascinated to hear about how
things were back in the late 60's - early 70's.  It seems there was a lot of
creativity back then that pretty much put down the foundations for what we
take for granted today.  And yet, at the same time, there hasn't been much
'new' that's been invented these days...just repackaged ideas from back then.
Just when I think that "oh well, everything has been done!" I  come to realize
that there's still much progress that can be made, since we really haven't
gotten very far in 30 years.

As for the beanbag chairs...I think I may just bring one into work. :)

(Lately I've been trying to get my head around Ted Nelson's Xanadu...very
interesting stuff, if you can get past the odd nomenclature!)