jpython anyone?

Lalo Martins lalo at hackandroll.org
Wed Nov 22 20:33:49 UTC 2000

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:27:55AM -0800, Alan Kay wrote:
> Actually, this would be a very good time for suggestions, as we are
> close to trying a whole bunch of "scripting syntax" experiments.

Yes, that's what I was about to say. I'd be a lot more
interested in "SPython" (Python-like syntax on Squeak).

If you're specifically looking for suggestions, I'd also like
to see something more Schemesque.

I also designed a C-like syntax for Smalltalk environments
(more specifically for Squeak) a few months ago while I was
bedstuck, I'll try to turn it into some kind of spec for the
list. I tentatively called it "the ChitChat language" ;-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo at hackandroll.org
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar