[slightly OT]: Linux on iPAQ (was: Re: Squeak 2.7 on iPAQ)

Jörn Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Wed Nov 1 13:14:10 UTC 2000

and Craig Latta wrote:
>         I've also got Squeak 2.7 working under WinCE on the iPAQ (I'll try
> Linux when handhelds.org has reliable instructions for restoring the
> WinCE flash).

It seems there are still people grilling theirs not when trying to revert to WinCE, but already while trying to go to Linux.
Like the guy on Sunday who posted under the subject "[iPAQ] iPAQ is now toast (was iPAQ will die ?)".
As far as I understand it, there are different makes of flash chips, and the bootloader doesn't handle all of them equally well.

Joern