sound generation question

Daniel, Sofie and Beatrice mcbracke at eircom.net
Sun Nov 26 16:28:28 UTC 2000

Thanks Dan. I'm looking at how this works now, so that I can maybe use it
as a basis to work from.

Can you please answer this:

looking at the 'buildKeyboard' method, I can see where the mouse down event
is picked up and handled using the

mouseDownEvent: event noteMorph: noteMorph pitch: midiKey

method. But I can't work out where the arguments come from. This is the
line in buildKeyboard

on: #mouseDown send: #mouseDownEvent:noteMorph:pitch: to: self
                                                                 withValue:
i-1*12 + (#(1 3 5 6 8 10 12) at: j);

ands I can see that this calculates the midi note number corresponding to
the 'key' that has been pressed. But where do the arguments to
mouseDownEvent: and noteMorph: come from?

Thanks again

Daniel