[BUG]TextIndent

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 1 03:55:30 UTC 2000

Somewhere after 2.7 TextIndent has gone haywire. It's easy to see if you
open a Scamper window on a web page with a list on it (like
http://www.squeak.org/). The Bullets are flush left and depending on
whether the item begins with a link or not, the item text will be indented
the "proper" amount relative to the left edge (if it's a link) or to the
bullet (if it's plain text).

E.g.:

*	A Link.
* Some text.

Comparing the results of TextIndent class>>example in a 2.7 and a 2.8 or
greater image is instructive, especially if you alter the width of the
displayed paragraph.

As far as I can tell, the problem lies much deeper in the bowels of
CharacterScanner or rather CompositionScanner  than I can yet ferret out.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.