Squeak 2.7 on iPAQ

Jörn Eyrich Joern.Eyrich at brokat.com
Sun Oct 29 18:43:15 UTC 2000

Alan Kay wrote:
> An interesting question is whether it is really worthwhile to do the
> port via WinCE, as opposed to Linux (which I've heard is also
> available on the iPAQ), or even to try a bare port.

Hey, I learn a few things, so it's certainly worthwhile for me.

I'd like to switch to Linux, too. But I'm still too frightened of messing up my flash rom in the process, turning my IPAQ into the proverbial $500 paperweight (plus, I haven't found out if those emulators are ported yet...).

I have the 2.8 sources compile now, basically, by the way. The link fails, however, with 281 unresolved externals (from the plugins...)