[GOODIE] TimeStamp -- why isn't this already in Squeak?

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Fri Oct 13 21:28:46 UTC 2000

Hmmm.  Good points.  I still like TimeStamp, though.

Maybe if we had DateAndTime defined as a subclass of Magnitude and TimeStamp
as a subclass of DateAndTime we'd have ANSI compatibility as well as nice
looking code.  I can tell you that VSE does not implement DateAndTime.
Guess that means that it's not ANSI compliant.  I wonder how many STs are
compliant...

Well, I'm off to OOPSLA, so I won't be responsive to any replies until next
Thursday.  Hope y'all have a nice week and maybe I'll see you at the Squeak
BOF in MN!  :-)

Cheers,

---==> Chris

PS>  In any case, I still recommend TimeStamp as a candidate for the base
image.  VSE folks need it to be there for portability.