MPEG/MP3 and url

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sun Oct 22 10:32:07 UTC 2000

John M McIntosh wrote:

> Ok all the file IO I think is located in mpeg3io.c  see
> mpeg3io_read_data for the fread. Basically you do fseeks and freads
> to get data based on the MPEG model and how you are uncoding the
> data. This would be replaced by an interface to a positional stream.
> Of course the trick here is how would you do that?

Reading a little from the documentation:

>>Everything you do with
>>libmpeg3 requires passing the file pointer.

So the C source would need some alterations to read from a stream instead.

How is this handled in other mpeg decoders ?
This one seams to do it
http://www.lokigames.com/development/smpeg.php3
It uses the Berkley algoritms for Video I think Tim Rowledge refered to
as the one they used on the itzy.(?)
It's under LGPL.
Karl

> Thoughts on this are welcome.
>
> (Hint I picked this code because the source has some sort of
> design/coherence to it) Some other MPEG code is really UGLY...
And