GSMCodec & voice modem

Gerardo Richarte core.lists.squeak at core-sdi.com
Wed Oct 18 00:19:34 UTC 2000

Hi.

        I'm doing an answering machine in squeak...
        Has anybody used GSMCodec to decode voice messages recorded from
a USRobotics Sporster modem?
        All the documentation I found says it's GSM (plus a header and trailer for every 33
bytes chunk)

        any ideas? (I tried removing header and trailer but didn't work)

GSMCodec >> #decodeVoiceMessage: msgStrm
        | toDecode |
        msgStrm reset.
        toDecode _ WriteStream on: (String new: msgStrm size).
        [msgStrm size - msgStrm position >= 38] whileTrue: [
                (msgStrm next: 2).
                toDecode nextPutAll: (msgStrm next: 33).
                msgStrm skip: 3].
        ^ self new decodeCompressedData: toDecode contents

        http://users.sienanet.it/users/guido/Sportster/

        Answering Bye!
        Richie++

--
A390 1BBA 2C58 D679 5A71 - 86F9 404F 4B53 3944 C2D0
Investigacion y Desarrollo - CoreLabs - Core SDI

--- For a personal reply use gera at core-sdi.com