Costuming Morphs with Flash Characters

broccole at panix.com broccole at panix.com
Sat Oct 21 03:06:04 UTC 2000

I've been playing with the Flash classes and it looks as if it should be
possible to make Flash Characters from Morphs.

One missing link is creating a compressed flash shape from the morph
shape. I do not understand the Balloon engine and more generally the
process by which Morphs are rendered. Can someone point me to a basic
description of the rendering process to give me some direction when
looking at the code. Again, I think the goal is just to get the morph
shape and then convert it to a compressed flash shape.

Any comments on what else is required to publish Flash movies from
Morphs? This could be a terrific publishing option for Squeak.

Michael Cole