MORE & MORE: Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???

jchludzinski at worldkey.net jchludzinski at worldkey.net
Sat Oct 28 16:45:47 UTC 2000

Bob,

>Good point. The Transcript is doing frequent redraws to show you
>the latest stuff and, with a long Transcript, this can take some
>time. Clos eit and try again.

I tried closing the Transcript while running BUT Squeak still
became autistic.  Is closing the Transcript enough or do I need to
actually comment out all the #show:'s?

This can't explain the growth in the time it take to send and
receive from a Socket.  Is there any reason to believe I might be
better off using UDP socket (vs TCP sockets)?

---John