Morphic slow in 2.8 (was: Forecast)

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Wed Oct 4 21:37:50 UTC 2000

I have experienced the same thing on my 200MHz NT machine moving from 2.7
to 2.8. The place it is most evident to me is with buttons; in 2.7 there
was no latency between clicking on a button and the button being
highlighted. In 2.8 there is a very noticably latency (probably ~ 500-700
msec). It is very easy to see (at least on my machine), for example, when
you press the "New game" button in FreeCell <grin>. For that reason, I have
not upgraded my FreeCell image to 2.8.

Note that this slow down does not appear to be related to the problem with
having the "Reduce CPU Usage" option enabled.

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com