Morph debugging tips / tricks?

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Sat Oct 7 09:35:15 UTC 2000

Mike Rutenberg wrote:

> I face two related problems in debugging morphs.
>
> With MVC I can press interrupt to see what is executing at a given time,
> and don't see a dynamic equivalent in Morphic.  How do people handle
> this, if at all?

That ought to work in Morphic as well. However, cmd-dot has been in limbo
with the new event stuff, although that should be fixed in the current vm.

> More generaly, does anyone have a book of tricks for debugging morphs?

My favorite is to use the Event Recorder to record and replay a problematic
behavior, so that bugs in event-related code don't mess up the rest of the
programming environment. (Eg. failure to drop a morph from the hand--try
recovering from that!)

Henrik