Camp Smalltalk @ OOPSLA 2000

Jeff Szuhay jeff at szuhay.org
Tue Oct 17 12:53:56 UTC 2000

Very nice report!

It makes me want to go to the next one.

One thing I'm curious about is getting beyond the
hype of Java: are people trying to do that?
Are the creators of Java interested in making it truly
useful? Or are they just incessant hype-meisters?
(I suspect the latter, but I am curious to the
community's response/awareness).

And what about Obj-C? (Smalltalk w/o the image).
I feel that Obj-C would be a good companion language
to Smalltalk... able to expand the image both efficiently
and cleanly.

Please keep up the good reporting.

Thanks,
Jeff

   Jeff Szuhay              A randomly-directed
   www.szuhay.org           chaotical wetware pattern
   jeff at szuhay.org          recognizer/generator.

   When the effective leader is finished with his work,
   the people say it happened naturally.
     -- Lao-Tzu, Chinese philosopher (6th century B.C.)