Help with Multilingualized Squeak (was: Re: Celeste with German Umlaute)

Yoshiki Ohshima ohshima at is.titech.ac.jp
Mon Oct 30 20:55:35 UTC 2000

  Hello,

> I have downloaded the Squeak2.8m.tar.gz file and decompressed it with
> WinZip. Finally, I got an image and a changes file. I launched the image
> successfully with a 2.8 VM for Windows. However, I ran into problems when I
> tried to browse the code. Squeak complains that there is a possible problem
> with the source or changes file. See Browser.validateMessageSource: for the
> error message. This error normally happens when you download the sources or
> the changes file in text mode instead of binary mode. As WinZip normally
> does the right thing I suspected that the problem is something else.

  Thank you for trying this.

  Well, WinZip might do the right thing *normally* but check
it once again.  The same problem could occur when Netscape
Navigator is too smart to decompress and convert the file in
a .tar.gz file.  I'm pretty sure that the file at the web
site is not corrupted.  So, please try by using another tool
or something like that.

  -- Yoshiki