SLOW BUTTONS was: Re: Morphic slow in 2.8 (was: Forecast)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Wed Oct 4 23:26:53 UTC 2000

Folks,

If you are experiencing sluggish buttons in 2.8, take a look at

mouseDown: evt

	| now dt |
	oldColor _ color.
	now _ Time millisecondClockValue.
	actWhen == #buttonDown
		ifTrue: [self doButtonAction].
	dt _ Time millisecondClockValue - now max: 0.  "Time it took to do"
	dt < 200 ifTrue: [(Delay forMilliseconds: 200-dt) wait]

from SimpleButtonMorph. If you take out the 200 ms delay, they will respond quite a bit more quickly.

Cheers,
Bob