ONCE AGAIN: 2.9a freezes! (WAS: Squeak becomes (almost) autistic???)

jchludzinski at worldkey.net jchludzinski at worldkey.net
Tue Oct 31 00:37:14 UTC 2000

Bob,

After much work (and some valuable assitance from Bob Arning) this
weekend I was able to get my sim running without have Squeak become
autistic (freezing up).  This was accomplished by placing a Delay
(1 second) between the #sendData: and #closeAndDestroy call on the
socket.

BUT when I try the exact same code on 2.9a - it freezes.

Has anyone else seen this?  Another engineer I work with has hung
Squeak 2.9a by simply saving the image.

---John

PS>  I'm running on Win2K (a 1GHz Athlon + 256MB RAM + 30G HD box);
so is the other engineer.