[BUG?] TTFontReader...

Alexander Lesnevsky lesnevsk at pol.ru
Sun Oct 15 21:10:36 UTC 2000

   Folks,
   I would very much appreciate, if anybody could explain why
   TTFontReader does not correctly process fonts with Cyrillic
   symbols (in Win32, I don't know about Mac). Try this:
   ((TTFontReader readFrom:...Arial.ttf) at:203) display
   203 is ASCII value of Russian "A", but you will see not "A", but
   "A" with smth above it - maybe from Czech or other language. Well,
   I used the utility to convert exactly this font to Strike font, and
   I use Cyrillic symbols normally. As I suppose, that nobody uses
   Cyrillic fonts, I've attached one.
   So, why ?
    With kind regards,
    Alexander Lesnevsky