FFI Again (last time, I promise!)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Oct 17 13:04:01 UTC 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Kevin Fisher wrote:

> 2)  In the above example, I have to use the module 'libc.so.6' specifically,
> or else the function call won't work.  However, in the X11 examples the module
> is always set to 'X11' (not libX11.so).    Is there any way I can call from
> the standard C library without specifically having to reference the
> version-specific libc.so.6?  Using module: 'c' doesn't work...

To call libc functions (which are linked into the VM anyways) you
shouldn't have to specify a module at all. This used to work before the
big Squeak modularization orgy ;)

I made a changeset to allow this again, but it didn't make it into the
distribution. I think there was a discussion about this, but I don't quite
remember. See

	http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/964.html

-- Bert