[UNIX]Building modular VMs (was Re: floatAt: on Win2K vs Linux )

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 10 01:34:17 UTC 2000

In message <5cdb83094a.rowledge at goldskin.stcla1.sfba.home.com>
          Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:

> However, you _can_ convince the current makefile stuff to build a unix
> VM for you with various things externalised with a bit of fiddling.
>
> How to make SoundPlugin as an external plugin
> Just as an example.
Well that was a waste of time. It turned out I was working with the
'old' 2.8.2 stuff. I just tried to do this with the 'new' 2.8.4 stuff
and it doesn't work. Apart from anything else Ian has removed essential
functions from the sound & sockets files, so they can't possibly work as
external plugins. The latest configure/make stuff spends far too much
time trying to be clever, and in doing so defeats ones efforts to make
an external plugin.

tim

Strange OpCodes: DTF: Dump Tape to Floor